Thank you for being a part of using the Beta version of Avalara Managed Returns for Accountants. This is an exciting time for us while we build the documentation that's most useful to you and future users. In this initial version, we're keeping the layout simple. We'll develop and publish images, diagrams, and workflows based on how you use the product. Some links are disabled while we're still working on the product and the documentation.
- Learn what you can do and how to navigate in the Managed Returns for Accountants environment. Skip to Setup if you want to get started.
- Managed Returns for Accountants Overview
- Information you need to set up Managed Returns for Accountants
- Tour the Returns for Accountants Returns page
- Tour the Returns for Accountants Filing Calendars page
- Tour the Returns for Accountants Notices page
- Tour the Returns for Accountants Settings page
- Use filters
- Understand Global Customer Payments
- Get Avalara Managed Returns for Accountants up and running for your staff and your clients. Start from the top and work your way from your initial admin login to setting up the forms and schedules necessary for us to prepare and file returns for your clients.
- Configure Your Managed Returns for Accountants Preferences
- Obtain client terms and conditions addendum
- Request client funding powers of attorney (FPOA)
- Set up permission groups and users
- Set up and edit a company
- Set up and edit a company group
- Add company locations
- Create an account link request
- Understand filing requests
- Set up a filing request
- Import external data source transactions
Monthly Cycle Activities
- Perform activities monthly based on your clients' compliance needs. Some clients may need help setting up where they pay for their taxes, while others may have more complex activities involving prepayments, discounts, and credits.
- Keep on top of what needs to be done after returns have been filed.