This article applies to:AvaTax
A payment method is the credit card, debit card, or bank account that's charged when an invoice is due. To add a new payment method, sign in to your account page.
Before you begin
- To change billing information, you need account-level access and account permissions.
- When you pay through the web application, you’re enrolled in automatic payments. If you encounter an error or need to update your payment method after a payment is declined, contact support.
- If have Returns, change how Avalara pays the tax you owe by updating your funding power of attorney.
Add a credit or debit card
- On the Billing page, select Add a Credit/Debit Card.
- Enter the card details and select Save.
Add a bank account
- On the Billing page, select Add a Bank Account.
- Download the bank authorization form, and fill it out. This form gives Avalara permission to withdraw money from your account for automatic payments.
- Send the form to your bank. Contact the bank's customer service department to find out how best to submit the form.
- When your bank confirms it received the form, enter your bank account details.
- Select Save.