Get the info you need to manage notices for North Dakota, including submitting a power of attorney and understanding common issues.
Power of Attorney
North Dakota requires a Power of Attorney (POA) for Avalara to resolve notices for you.
- Obtain and complete a North Dakota Form 500 Authorization to Disclose Tax Information and Designation of Representative
- Mail the completed form to: Office of State Tax Commissioner, 600 E. Boulevard Ave., Dept. 127, Bismarck, ND 58505-0599
- Send the completed POA form and notice to us by submitting a case. Processing takes about 6 - 8 weeks.
After we have a POA on file, you don't have to submit another one unless something has changed.
- Contact the North Dakota Office of the State Tax Commissioner at the number provided on the notice if you have questions about the issue
- See Manage Tax Notices for additional details about resolving notice issues