Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Manage North Dakota Notices

This article applies to:Returns Central

Get the info you need to manage notices for North Dakota, including submitting a power of attorney and understanding common issues.

Power of Attorney

North Dakota requires a Power of Attorney (POA) for Avalara to resolve notices for you.

  1. Obtain and complete a North Dakota Form 500 Authorization to Disclose Tax Information and Designation of Representative
  2. Mail the completed form to: Office of State Tax Commissioner, 600 E. Boulevard Ave., Dept. 127, Bismarck, ND 58505-0599
  3. Send the completed POA form and notice to us by submitting a case. Processing takes about 6 - 8 weeks.

After we have a POA on file, you don't have to submit another one unless something has changed.

Common Issues

  • Contact the North Dakota Office of the State Tax Commissioner at the number provided on the notice if you have questions about the issue
  • See Manage Tax Notices for additional details about resolving notice issues


  • Was this article helpful?