If you need to make adjustments to a return after you've locked it, submit a request to have it unlocked.
Liability summaries are automatically locked on the 10th of the month, at 5 PM Pacific time. Create a case with Avalara when a liability summary needs to be unlocked.
Before you begin
- Make sure you've set up your returns and that they're active (which means Avalara has approved them).
- Review the monthly returns cycle. You approve returns for the previous month between the 5th and the 10th of the current month.
- Set up or update the company information.
- Make sure transactions are uploaded for the company you want to work with. If not, see Create an account link request or Import external data source transaction.
- Submit a support case with Avalara if regions need to be unlocked so you can make adjustments.
Make sure you submit this request as early as possible. The liability summary can't be unlocked after 5 PM Pacific time on the 10th of the month.
- Once the liability summary is unlocked, you can make any adjustments, for example, add credits or additional transactions. The summary status changes to Building Liability.
- Wait for the build to finish before locking the liability summary again.
If you don't manually lock the liability summary, it automatically locks again at 5 PM Pacific time on the 10th of the month.