If your client uses AvaTax, you'll need to link their AvaTax account to your firm in Managed Returns for Accountants. To do this, send them an account link request. You can access their AvaTax companies and transactions in Managed Returns for Accountants once they've approved the request.
Before you begin
- If your client doesn't use AvaTax, you'll need to add an account and then add a company for the client instead of sending them an account link request.
- Obtain the exact account ID and account name for the AvaTax client. Each company has its own unique account name and account ID.
Without this exact information, the request will not reach the AvaTax client.
- Use filters to search for accounts and companies to make sure they are not already a firm client. Results are displayed in the right table pane.
- In Managed Returns for Accountants, select Settings > Account link request.
- In the right table pane, select the plus icon.
- In the Add account link dialog, enter the account ID and account name exactly as they appear in AvaTax.
For security reasons, the request is rejected if the account ID and account name do not exactly match as they appear in AvaTax.
- Select Save.
The client receives an email with the account link request, and must approve the request.
- After the client has approved the request, select ⋮ to the left of the account ID, and then select Setup complete.
- Select Yes to finish setup.
The company’s account can now be viewed and managed in Managed Returns for Accountants by navigating to Settings > Companies. All transactions and company profile settings from AvaTax (such as nexus and company locations) also flow to Managed Returns for Accountants.