If you make adjustments to transactions, prepayments, or prior payments before locking your liability summary, make sure to recalculate the liability summary.
Liability summaries are automatically locked on the 10th of the month, at 5 PM Pacific time. Create a case with Avalara when a liability summary needs to be unlocked.
Before you begin
- Make sure you've set up your returns and that they're active (which means Avalara has approved them).
- Review the monthly returns cycle. You approve returns for the previous month between the 5th and the 10th of the current month.
- Set up or update the company information.
- Make sure transactions are uploaded for the company you want to work with. If not, see Create an account link request or Import external data source transaction.
- In Managed Returns for Accountants, go to Returns > Liability Summary.
- The Liability Summary page opens.
- Use the Filters pane to identify the company and tax period.
Optional criteria can be included to locate the summaries you want to review.
- In the upper table, select the checkbox to the left of any summaries that you want to recalculate.
- Select the Recalculate Regions icon from the top of the table pane.
- The summary is sent to a queue where it is rebuilt.
- The amount of time it takes to recalculate a summary depends on the number of summaries currently in the queue and your place in the queue.
- During the recalculation process, the status is set to Building Liability.
- Once the summary is recalculated, the status is set to Pending Approval.
You can then continue work on the associated return until the auto-lock date and time.