You should regularly monitor your client's company information, which includes reviewing company locations. Make sure to update the information to make sure taxes are correctly calculated and reported on your client's returns.
For record purposes, if a state outlet number changes, we recommend entering an end date to expire a location and then adding a new location.
- In Managed Returns for Accountants, go to Filing Calendars > Locations.
- Use filters to select the company name.
- In the table, select the arrow to view the company location details. Included in this dialog are tabs for questions, errors, and audit history for this location.
- Select and then select Edit.
- You can edit any of the following fields:
- Location Code provided by client's business application and must be included in the transactions; this field is editable if the location code has not been used
- Address Type identifies whether the location is a marketplace or salesperson
- Address Category selected from the menu to identify the location type, for example, main office and salesperson
- For marketplace, Address Category indicates whether or not we remit tax on behalf of the marketplace
- If Marketplace Remits Tax is selected, gross is filed but tax is not paid as the marketplace remits the tax
- If Sellers Remit Tax is selected, gross and tax are filed and paid by the client
- Effective Date when you want transactions to start being calculated for this location
- End Date for expiring a location
- Address of the location
- State assigned outlet number
- DBA Name used to label location; use if you want a doing business as name for the location
- Tax area code
- Save the new location information.