Add user permission groups and then assign users to the permission groups.
Permission groups control the pages in Managed Returns for Accountants that you can access. As an administrator, you can create unique permission groups, and then add team members to one or more groups based on their roles and responsibilities. Access can be specified at a high level (for example, Companies) or at a specific level (for example, create or edit a company).
To set up permission groups:
- In Managed Returns for Accountants, go to Settings > Firms.
The Firms page opens.
- Select Permissions.
The Permissions page opens.
- Select the plus icon from the table pane on the right.
The Add Permission Group menu opens.
- In the Add Permission Group menu, add a description and name for the group.
- Select the checkboxes to specify the permissions to assign to this group.
- Select the arrow icons to display lower-level permissions and clear the permission status if you want to limit access.
- For example, the Companies level can be expanded to provide permissions to create, read, or edit companies.
- When you are done with your changes, select Save.
After your initial permission groups are created you can:
- Edit or copy a current permission group
- Create users and assign them to a permission group
- Edit current users