You want to know what a backdated transaction is in AvaTax.
- Backdated transactions are recent transactions with a document date prior to the first day of the current month.
- Tax liability is assigned to the month the transaction is dated, this ensures accuracy based on the data provided by your accounting system regardless of when the transaction was added to AvaTax
- Returns customers who need "backdated" transactions to be included in filing where the original filing has already taken place can update the date to the current term, or have us file an amended return
- One of the account alerts in AvaTax is for backdated transactions.
- Alerts display details about the dates and amounts for each backdated transaction.