I am importing unsuccessfully, as the leading zero is being removed from zip codes, causing address errors.
- Excel automatically removes leading zeros from cells, unless the cell format is a particular type.
- Certain states, mainly in the North East, use zip codes starting with a zero.
- To resolve this, you can add change the cell format to postal code
- You can also enter an apostrophe ( ' ) in front of the zero.
- For example 01234 would be written as '01234.
- This causes Excel to save the leading zero, regardless of the cell format type.
For more information, read manage transactions.