You would like to know why your subscription invoices are not calculating tax or posting to the admin console.
- This issue is caused by the internal setting of Stripe that automatically pays on subscription invoices.
- This prevents AvaTax from making changes to the invoice, like applying a tax amount.
- To resolve this issue the `pay_immediately=false` flag will need to be set by creating a custom code.
- You will need to call Stripe support to have them enable this feature for your Stripe account.
- You can also apply the "Charge" feature in the AvaTax Configuration.
- This will mark the invoice as tax inclusive which does not require a change as the tax will be taken out of the total amount of the subscription.
This is only true for the first subscription invoice. The following periods have 1 hour between the time the invoice is created and paid which allows AvaTax to calculate tax.