A customer in Sage 50 is exempt, but AvaTax is still taxing transactions for them.
- The customer record in Sage 50 has a resale field. If that is populated, the data there will be sent to Avalara AvaTax to exempt the transactions for that customer.
- In Sage 50 go to a customer record > Sales Info tab > enter exemption in Resale number > Save
- You may also use Entity Use Codes to exempt your customer
- In the AvaTax for Sage 50 program, pull up the AvaTax Configuration and go to Entity/Use Codes
- Scroll down to the specific customer and click on the customer number
- Select one of the pre-populated Entity Use Codes and press Ok
- Press the Synchronize to Peachtree button
- Press Ok