A quick guide on how to handle the certificate prompt within QuickBooks.
- The approval of the certificate required by QuickBooks to allow a 3rd party integration to gain access to the QuickBooks Company File is normally part of the installation process.
- In cases where clearance has been removed for 3rd party applications (Including AvaTax, or AvaTax ST), the certificate may require re-authentication.
- If prompted to re-authorize the certificate, which QuickBooks will do by producing a pop-up message titled "QuickBooks - Application with Expired Certificate", the user will need to select "Yes, whenever this QuickBooks Company File is open".
- This selection will allow the authorization of the certificate automatically each time that Company File is open.
- Once selected, simply click Continue, and then click Done on the confirmation pop-up.
- Upon the completion of this process, the AvaTax connector will work as intended.