Normally when you start up QuickBooks the Avalara window opens and shows that Avalara AvaTax is starting up, but you noticed that Avalar is not showing when you open QuickBooks and when you try to calculate tax nothing happens.
- Most likely there was a change in your computer system which has had an affect on the Avalara program permissions, give permission back following the process below:
- Change QuickBooks to Single User mode
- Exit QuickBooks
- End any processes starting with QB in Task Manager
- Go to Program Files (or Program File x86) > Avalara > AvaTax > Bin
- right click on Unsubscribe > select Run as Administrator
- right click on Subscribe > select Run as Administrator
- Right click on QuickBooks > select "Run as Administrator"
- The Avalara program window should open as normal with QuickBooks startup
- If QuickBooks Application Certificate appears, select Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open
- Go to File > AvaTax > Configuration > click Test Connection > click OK to confirm configuration
- Avatax will now appear on the File just above Exit.