When opening QuickBooks, AvaTax will try to start up but the AvaTax error "CB-201: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" will populate preventing AvaTax from running.
- This issue is caused by multiple versions of AvaTax trying to run.
- Please make sure that there is only one version of AvaTax installed.
- You can check this by looking at your installed programs list.
- If you have multiple computers that use AvaTax and Quickbooks together, make sure they are all on the same AvaTax for QuickBooks version.
- End all QuickBooks and Avalara processes in the TaskManager
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86) > Avalara > AvaTaxAdapter > Bin folder
Right click on the file names below and Run as Administrator (Must follow order sequence).
- Open QuickBooks (right click on icon and run as Administrator)
- Log into QuickBooks as an Admin.