When calculating tax on a transaction, the calculation pop-up stops halfway through and the error, 'Error accessing Quickbooks data,' is given.
- This is a known error in the AvaTax for Quickbooks v.75 and v.76
- A fix was released in v.77 in February 2016
- If running versions .75 and .76, please uninstall AvaTax version .75/.76 and roll back to version .74 (Contact Avalara Support for version 74)
- Once version.74 installation is complete, go to File > AvaTax > Configuration > General and press "Test Connection" button
- You should now be able to calculate tax on transactions
- If running .77 or newer check the AvaTax configuration by clicking "Test Connection".
- The Username and/or Password may be incorrect. Verify credentials are correct by logging into the AvaTax Admin Console.
- If other users are not receiving the error, check the License Key in their AvaTax Configuration. Update the License Key on workstation receiving the error.