We canceled Avatax how do I uninstall Avalara so that I can access my General ledger?
- For QuickBooks 2011 & 2012, while logged into QuickBooks, navigate to Edit > Preferences and ensure that "Keep QuickBooks running for quick start-up" is UNCHECKED. For QuickBooks 2010 and older, ignore this step.
- Close out & exit QuickBooks. Enter the Windows Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, and ensure that QBW32.EXE is not running. If it is, end the process.
- Navigate to the workstations Add / Remove programs feature, found within the Windows Control Panel.
- Locate the AvaTax for QuickBooks item and uninstall completely.
- Once the Uninstall is complete, navigate to C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit Windows) and delete the Avalara folder.
- AvaTax for QuickBooks is now uninstalled.