You want to know how to remove extra versions of the AvaTax connector under the Integrated Applications menu in QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: RightNetworks hosted installs are unable to remove these extra versions without first contacting RightNetworks.
- Log into Quickbooks as the Admin user and switch to Single User Mode
- Click Edit
- Click Preferences
- Click on Integrated Applications
- Click on Company Preferences
- Select the AvaTax listing on the screen
- Click Properties
- Click Details
- You will want to remove all but the most recent version of the connector, as this can cause issues with Quickbooks functioning properly.
- Do this by clicking on the AvaTax listing you want to remove
- Click Remove
- Now go to File > AvaTax > Preferences
- Press the Update Connection button
- If you see the most recent version of the connector listed, you have successfully removed the second connector version.
Note: To find out your most recent version of the connector, click "Control Panel" > "Programs/Features". To the right of "AvaTax for QuickBooks" you will see the version you have installed.