This document discusses how to add AvaTax to a new company profile in QuickBooks.
- To add AvaTax to a new company profile in QuickBooks, do the following:
- From the main file menu, click open company file.
- A certificate appears immediately after the file opens, asking whether you want to run AvaTax with your company file > Select Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open.
- From the main file men, click AvaTax > Configuration.
- On the connection tab of the configuration panel, click Edit and enter your company credentials.
- The url, account number, and license key will be the same as your primary company configuration.
- Only the company code needs to change (it is a free-form field, but must match exactly what is entered on the admin-console for the company code).
- Click Test Connection to verify the credentials pass, then OK.
- Your company is now mapped to AvaTax.