You want to test the taxability of an Avalara tax code in a particular state.
- The basic tax calculator will be able to show the tax rate:
- Go to Tools > Basic Tax Calculator
- Use an address in the state > list the tax code in Tax Code > List an amount in Amount > click Calculate
- For SST users: also list an ITEM code and an ITEM description
- The Tools use the nexus settings in your account. If you have not enabled nexus in the state or local jurisdiction, the tax amount will always be $0 and show a 0.0% tax rate.
- This also functions the same for Canadian Provinces