Tax is generated on a specific line in NetSuite and you want to know how to remove tax.
- For US transactions, select "-Not Taxable-" as the tax code to exempt from tax at line level. This is the native NetSuite tax code.
- Enable 'Override AvaTax Taxcode' checkbox option on Avalara Configuration under General tab.
- If you want to override the item tax code on the transaction and provide transaction level tax code precedence.
- Then, on the item lines, enter the tax code you want to use in the field "Tax Code Mapping"
- For Canada transactions, see How do I make a transaction exempt in Canada?