I would like for there to be tax details per line item, in Netsuite displayed after AvaTax is called for tax calculation.
- AvaTax sends back the tax details including rates, jurisdictions and tax amounts, per line level to NetSuite.
- The tax details are shown on the AvaTax tab.
- To display tax rate on the 'Items' tab of the invoice. Select either 'Base Rate' or 'Net Rate'. In NetSuite, under Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara > Tax Calculation tab.
- Select Show Base Rate to show a tax rate that includes all the jurisdictions for the transaction, whether or not that tax was applied to the transaction.
- Select Show Net Rate to show the tax rate applied to the transaction.
- Re-save the transaction in NetSuite to update the tax rate.
- Netsuite itself does not have a place for this information, thus making the tax details not able to be shown at the line level of an invoice in Netsuite.
- This is native Netsuite functionality and cannot be changed
- If you pull up the transaction in the AvaTax Admin Console, you can view the tax details by line
- The instructions can be found here.