- California tax rates depend on the origin and destination address in the sale:
- Sales from outside of the state use the Destination address tax rates only
- Sales originating within California use the tax rate of the Origin county, and the destination tax rates for all other rates (City and Special Local Jurisdictions)
- Some services are taxed using only the destination address, check the tax code to confirm what kind of taxability is being applied to your line item
- This means that for some sales completed within California, the tax rate on the sale will be a combination of the Origin and Destination jurisdictions, so the tax rate at the Destination address will not match the actual rate calculated on the sale.