You're billing a customer in Hawaii and expect the transaction to have no tax, but the customer is not exempt.
- Check the tax rate on the transaction. If it's 0.5%:
- For tax higher than 0.5%, this indicates the exemption certificate is not being applied to the sale:
- Check the date on the certificate - Exemption Certificates will only exempt between the start date and the expiration date
- Check the customer number - Customer code must match exactly to apply to the sale
- Check for Single Use - Single use certificates require a PO or Invoice number
- To force the system to apply 0% tax
- Use a different exemption (A or D) or create a tax rule for the current exemption type.