You want to know how to set up a partial exemption for the state of CA.
- AvaTax has two exemption reasons that cover California partial exemption rules
- This will set the CA State tax rate to 2.0625%, but will not effect the local tax rates
- Details can be found here: https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/industry/manufacturing-exemptions.htm#Sellers
- This will set the CA State tax rate to 1%, but will also not effect the local tax rates.
- Details can be found here; https://www.boe.ca.gov/lawguides/business/current/btlg/vol1/sutr/1533-1.html
- If you have a partial exemption related to Teleproduction, please review this article
- This partial exemption does not currently exist as an Entity Use Code or certificate exemption reason
- You will need to create one or more rules to apply this partial exemption.
For more information, read exempt customers from sales tax.