Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

How do I remit taxes for a return Avalara did not file?


You have to remit taxes for a return that you did not have Avalara file and would like to know how that can be accomplished.


Avalara Returns


  • We recommend checking with the Department of Revenue for the jurisdiction to see what options they have, a tax attorney or CPA specialising in sales tax.
  • To have Avalara file a return for a previous period, send the request including the details of the specific stateoriginal filing period (Ex: Jan - July 2013, or Q1 2012), and the specific company the return needs to be filed for via email to your account manager
  • We recommend that you analyze the transactions and reports in the admin console to confirm all needed transactions are in your account prior to making the request.