You are trying to calculate tax (F9 Statistics) on a transaction in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and getting a "The address is incomplete or invalid" error message.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2
- This error indicates an address sent to Avalara is partially filled. Our service recognizes that it is an address, but there is not enough information to calculate tax.
- At a minimum, we require the region and postal code (or region, street address, and city) to determine tax jurisdictions
- This error occurs most often with your company address (origin), so we recommend reviewing all company addresses and location codes for complete addresses.
- Most likely a Location Code is missing address information.
- Review the customer address and shipping location to confirm they are complete as well
- As of April 30, 2016, Avalara no longer supports AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009. This existing knowledge base documentation is available to provide known paths to resolution for documented issues. If you are using a version affected by service discontinuation and want to maintain access to Avalara Support, you need to upgrade to the latest version of the integration as soon as possible.
For more information, read validate addresses.