You want to link your CertCapture and AvaTax accounts so you can exempt your AvaTax customers' transactions from tax.
- Sign in to AvaTax.
- Click the Organization tab and then select your company.
- Click Exemptions.
- If you don't see Exemptions or the page doesn't load, you'll need to enable Exemption Certificate Settings.
- To do enable that, go to Settings > Exemption Certificate Options > Enable Exemption Certificate Management System (ECMS)
- See Enable ECMS
- Click CertCapture Company Settings
- Set the Status to Enabled
- For Client Code, enter your CertCapture Company ID
- To find your CertCapture Company ID, sign in to CertCapture, go to Company Settings > Company Details and find the Company ID at the top
- For Org Code, enter your AvaTax ID.
- To find your AvaTax ID, click the Company tab. Your ID appears in the address bar. For example: "aspx?id=xxxxxx"
- Click Save.
If you're a user on your account with Admin permissions to both Admin Console and CertCapture, email Avalara Support at email@example.com to initiate the sync. In your email, please include the following:
Account number of your AvaTax Admin Console
Name of the Admin Console company
Name of the CertCapture company
Specify whether this link is for a Development or Production environment
Avalara Support will contact you with additional details.