How to prevent the leading zeros on some zipcodes from being removed during import?
- Last updated
Save as PDF
While importing transactions, you receive the following error:
"An exact street name match could not be found (Origin). An exact street name match could not be found and phonetically matching the street name resulted in either no matches or matches to more than one street name."
When you review the import spreadsheet, you notice the leading zero(s) on your zipcode(s) have been truncated. You would like to know how to prevent this from happening.
- This is a feature of Excel and not an issue with the AvaTax service. You will need to make some format changes in Excel
- First, highlight all the cells that are missing 0's and format them as zipcodes:
- Then highlight your selection again and format them as custom, with text showing as '00000:
- Lastly highlight your selection one more time and then choose Control H
- Swap to Replace and replace all the ' with a manually typed ' and choose replace.
- (The workbook needs to be set to open and must NOT be in protected mode)
- Save as CSV (excel won't work) and do NOT open the file again. Immediately go to import it.