You want to know how to lookup the IP address of our service.
- You can lookup the IPs of our service via the "nslookup" utility on a Windows machine to query the DNS server set in the local TCPIP settings.
- There are 4 distinct ‘hostnames’ that may be used to ‘ask’ DNS what Access Points are available for each set of Avalara Services:
- Production AvaTax = AVATAXIP.AVALARA.NET
- Production Admin = ADMIN-AVATAXIP.AVALARA.NET
- SDKDev AvaTax = DEVAVATAXIP.AVALARA.NET
- SDKDev Admin = DEVADMIN-AVATAXIP.AVALARA.NET
Note: Using this utility you can find associated IP addresses, it is critical that you use the published URLs (development.avalara.net and avatax.avalara.net) instead of the corresponding IP address when connecting to the Avalara service.