I am upgrading SalesTaxII from v5 to v5.6
Assuming that your test and dev applications are on the same box, then the best way to install 5.5 is as follows;
- Restore the SV55 library to your System i.
- Add SV55 to your test library list (replacing whatever v5.0 library you had there).
- Follow the upgrade instructions that provided by Avalara (i.e. convert version 5.0 data, modify the connector etc.)
- Configure and test the new SV55 installation
- When ready to go live follow the steps in the guide to perform a final conversion of your data from your v5.0 system to the new v5.5.
- Make a copy of the SV55 library to say SV55TEST. This will become your new test library and you should change the test library list to use this.
- Change the data area called STIILIB in SV55TEST to have that library name (or any other that you selected) in it.
- Change your production library list to have SV55 instead of SV5. You are now live in production.