What is this "Fallback Tax rate" of 10%, that I keep seeing on my invoice lines as a Tax Override?
- The Fallback tax rate is the result of an error in calculation using AvaTax, generated by BigCommerce.
- Common reasons for the default rate of 10% are an invalid address or no address on the transaction.
- The comment, "Fallback Tax Rate," will appear as a TaxOverride, on each item of the invoice defaulting to a 10% tax rate.
- In the Admin Console, pull up the transaction detail page, and go to the line item details
- Hover over the TO box to see the reason for using the Fallback Tax Rate