You need to override the tax amount of an invoice in Avalara
Overriding the tax amount of an invoice may be necessary for reconciliation purposes and in instances where Avalara AvaTax is not used to calculate tax. Overriding the tax amount prevents Avalara AvaTax from making a tax call, and simply inserts the amount of tax as the total tax. The defined amount of tax is distributed to any applicable jurisdictions based on the rates in those jurisdictions, but does not change the total tax.
- In the Admin Console, click the Transaction tab.
- Click the Invoice (Doc Code) number to pull up the specific document.
- Click Edit.
- On the Lines tab, click the Tax Override Type menu and select Tax Amount.
- Enter the Total Tax Amount.
- Provide a brief description in the Tax Override Reason field.
- Select an option from the Adjustment Reason menu. If Other is selected, an explanation is required in the description field below.
- Click Calculate Tax.
- Click Save the transaction as either Uncommitted or Committed.
Only account admin level users have permission to change the tax amount.