Read older release notes to learn about the previous additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 4. For more detailed information about AvaTax for QuickBooks Online, see the AvaTax for QuickBooks Online guide.
See the latest release notes.
30 July, 2015
AvaTax for QuickBooks Online 4 release 4.0
- In an invoice, the sales tax is now calculated only for lines selected as taxable. The rest of the lines are sent to AvaTax as NT (non-taxable). If none of the lines are marked as taxable, then the entire invoice is marked as non-taxable and the tax amount is zero.
- Document code: The Document Code, displayed on the Admin Console Transaction Listpage, is a combination of the QuickBooks Online account unique number, the transaction type, and the invoice number. The QuickBooks Online Invoice number is displayed as the Reference code on the Admin Console Transaction Details page
- Void a transaction: The status of a voided transaction in QuickBooks Online now reflects in the Admin Console
- Delete a transaction: Deleted transactions are now removed from the Admin Console
- The following functionality will be visible after Intuit publishes them in their host system:
- Real-time calculation: Tax is calculated in real-time. You do not need to refresh the user interface to view the tax details.
- Estimate Tax button: On the Transaction page, click the Estimate Tax button to calculate tax. This button is available for both new users accessing AvaTax from their QuickBooks Online account from the market place app and for existing integrated users.