In NetSuite, display item prices on invoices with the sales tax and/or shipping tax already included. For example, if you want the price of an item, including tax, to be exactly $500, after enabling Tax Included, AvaTax calculates the tax and then changes the item price so the total equals $500.
Enable tax-included capability
To display the item price with tax included, first enable tax included. Here's how:
- In NetSuite, go to Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara.
- On the Avalara Configuration page, go to the Tax Calculation tab.
- Click Tax Included Capability, and then click Save.
Display the item price with tax
- To display an item price with tax included, when creating an invoice, select the Items tab.
- Click the Tax Included check box, and then click Save. You may notice the following behavior if you've enabled Tax Included:
- A Header-level discount percentage to a transaction can be added only before you save the transaction.
- For saved or existing transactions, if you try to apply the header-level discount, the sales tax amount may not calculate correctly.
- To display the shipping and handling charges with tax included, when creating an invoice, select the Shipping tab
- Click the Shipping Tax Included check box, and then click Save.