Read older release notes to learn about the previous additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for NetSuite 6. For more detailed information about AvaTax for NetSuite, see the AvaTax for NetSuite guide.
See the latest release notes.
October 12, 2018
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.5
- Reduced the time to update our entity/use code list when a change occurs.
Fixed an issue that caused the AvaTax Reconcile Batch utility to hang when the target end date didn't contain any transactions.
October 12, 2018
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.4
- User Defined Fields (UDF1, UDF2) are now stored values
- You can now view and edit User Defined Fields (UDF1, UDF2) from items on transactions
- Performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which the AvaTax tab did not display header level information on the transaction record
- Fixed an error that resulted in a "Customer Code required" error on some invoices and credit memos
August 31, 2018
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.3
- AvaTax for NetSuite now compatible with NetSuite 2018.2
- Pass header location as ReportingLocation when present
- Performance and stability improvements
- Fixed an issue where sales tax does not display in web store properly
- Fixed an issue where a transaction would continue to save when the "Abort Save Operation on Tax Calculation Errors for Web Services" option was enabled
- Fixed an issue where the error “Cannot read property ‘0’ of undefined” is thrown when creating an invoice
May 11, 2018
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.2
- Fixed an issue for some users that were experiencing "Unexpected error" messages when editing a Credit Memo.
- Fixed an issue that would result in a "Please choose an item to add" error message when editing a sub-tab other than the item.
April 23, 2018
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.1.1
- Fixed an issue when fetching shipping address values (e.g. shipcity) was taking longer than expected.
January 30, 2018
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.1
- Fixed the issue that was causing the exemption certificate number to be overwritten on the customer master record when you created a transaction through the web store
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated when a custom discount was applied while creating a transaction through the SCIS module
January 9, 2018
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.0.3
- Fixed the issue that caused a "Script Execution Usage Limit Exceeded" error when saving transactions
- Fixed the issue that caused a "Taxcode is not defined" error when saving transactions
December 29, 2017
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.0.2
- You can now use invoice addresses to calculate taxes for returns by enabling Use invoice address for tax calculation on returns in AvaTax configuration
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't calculated on invoices with more than 100 billable items
November 20, 2017
AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.0.1
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated after applying a header-level discount when a transaction was created through the SCIS module
October 25, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for NetSuite release 6.0:
- Improved consumer use tax feature:
- You can now select the tax accrual date
- Fixed the issue where the location/class/department details weren't added in the journal entry for the corresponding accrual amount
- Fixed the issue that occurred while reconciling transactions in batches
- Fixed the issue where the Ship-To entity/use code wasn't sent to AvaTax to calculate the shipping and handling charges for transactions with Item Line Shipping option enabled
- Fixed the issue where the sales tax wasn't updated after items were removed from the shopping cart
- Fixed the issue where the log in to AvaTax failed if the credentials included a special character