Read older release notes to learn about the previous additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for NetSuite 5. For more detailed information about AvaTax for NetSuite, see the AvaTax for NetSuite guide.
See the latest release notes.
August 10, 2017
AvaTax for NetSuite release 5.9.1
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't correctly calculated for returns created using SuiteCommerce InStore (SCIS)
August 3, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for NetSuite release 5.9:
- You can now add the vendor-paid sales tax as an item amount in a purchase transaction. From Avalara Configuration > Consumer Use Tax / Input VAT > Item for Tax Paid to Vendor, select the item that represents the vendor-paid sales tax. This item amount is treated as the vendor-paid sales tax and used to compare with the tax calculated by AvaTax.
- The purchase transaction is now committed to AvaTax only after a journal entry is created for the accrued amount
- Fixed the issue where the phone number details field was blank after the address was verified
- Fixed the issue where the exemption number was visible on the customer record even after it was deleted and the record was saved
April 18, 2017
Updates and improvements in AvaTax for NetSuite release 5.8:
April 3, 2017
- Avalara release 5.7
- Fixed the issue where the Exemption Certificate No. in the customer master wasn't updated from the Mass Update utility or through CSV import
- Fixed the issue where the Entity/Use Code on a transaction wasn't updated when processed through Suitelet
- Fixed the "[Ljava.lang.String;@5a454f36" error that occurred while creating a reconciliation batch
- Fixed the infinity discount error that occurred when a 100% discount was applied to a transaction that had Tax Included enabled
- Fixed the issue where the invoice applied to a credit memo was unselected after saving. This issue was identified for credit memos that had Sales Tax Adjustment enabled.
- Fixed the error that occurred while saving a quote
October 17, 2016
- Avalara release 5.6.3
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated after the shipping method was changed in transactions that were created from the webstore
October 6, 2016
- Avalara release 5.6.2
- Fixed the issue where transactions with header-level discounts couldn't be saved if the Tax Included feature was enabled
September 30, 2016
- Avalara release 5.6.1
- Fixed the issue where tax wasn't recalculated after an Order Based Promotion was applied to transactions that were created from the webstore
September 15, 2016
- Avalara release 5.6
- Added Extensive Logging option in Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara > General tab. If enabled, the configuration changes are recorded in the logs.
- Fixed the issue where the entity use code didn't change when the transaction address was changed using the webservices
- Fixed the issue where on validation of the address in the customer master, the Attention field was cleared automatically
August 25, 2016
- Avalara release 5.5
- The shipping and handling charges can now include the tax amount. Added the Shipping Tax Included option in the Shipping tab of a transaction. To use this option, ensure that the Tax Included option on the Item tab is also enabled.
June 30, 2016
- Avalara release 5.4
- Added the Accrue Consumer Use Tax When a Vendor Bill is Approved option in the consumer use tax configuration
- Delete a shipping code
May 16, 2016
- Avalara release 5.3
- Fixed the issue where you couldn't adjust the sales tax adjustment while creating a credit memo from an existing invoice
- Fixed the issue where the custom address in a transaction wasn't replaced with the validated address after the address validation
- Fixed the reference errors generated while trying to create an order from the webstore
April 15, 2016
- Avalara release 5.2.1
- Configure the line level ship-to in a credit memo using Enable Item Line Shipping option
March 30, 2016
- Avalara release 5.2
- Added the Is Seller Importer of Record option to transactions. The Importer of Record is party to the transaction that facilitates the import of the goods into the Destination country. Specifically, the Importer of Record will be responsible for the goods and the custom duties and tax payable upon import. The Importer of Record is therefore liable for collecting the Import VAT applicable to the goods at Destination.
- Export the reconciliation batch details in .csv format for a batch that has processed up to 5000 records
- Receive an alert message while saving transactions if the fields required for tax calculation aren't available
- Send Item names up to 50 characters long from NetSuite to AvaTax for NetSuite
March 3, 2016
- Avalara release 5.1
- Compatible with NetSuite 2016.1
- A self-provisioning feature lets new users create an AvaTax account and company with trial plan of 30 day without any assistance. On the Configure Avalara page, click Sign up.
- Added the Override AvaTax Tax Code option. You can now choose to override your assigned AvaTax System Tax Code for non-taxable items. In the Configure Avalara > General tab, enable Override AvaTax Tax Code to send NT as the tax code for all non-taxable items. If this option is disabled, the assigned AvaTax System Tax Code is sent for an item.
- Validate the Return Address, mentioned in Setup > Company > Locations > Location, through the Avalara > Address Validation > Validate Records batch utility
- Fixed the issue where the sub-location address wasn't validated even if the Include Sub-location(s) option was enabled in the Avalara > Address Validation > Validate Records batch utility
- Fixed an issue where sales tax was calculated even for an invoice with an empty tax code field
January 20, 2016
- Avalara release 5.0
- Set up Avalara configuration and click Nexus Setup. for existing companies. Go to
- Fixed the issue where sales tax was not calculated for invoices when the Expense Reports feature was disabled
- Fixed the issue where only the customer id was sent from NetSuite to AvaTax for the following conditions:
- In Avalara Configuration, the Customer ID/Name option was selected in the Customer Code field
- In the Set Up Auto-Generated Numbers configuration, the Allow Override option was selected for Type as Customer
- Fixed an issue where the tax wasn't calculated when the tax code name AvaTax was appended with the country name or country code
- Fixed an issue where the Accounts Payable vendor bills weren't saved when the location feature in NetSuite was disabled