Update sales tax groups in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 to ensure that AvaTax is calculating sales tax for selected customers.
Assign one customer to AvaTax
To update the sales tax group, determine the customer that you want to update and perform the following:
- To open the Customer Master, click Accounts Receivables > Common Forms > Customers > Choose Customer > Invoice and Delivery section.
- Locate the Sales Tax Group drop -down menu.
- Click the down arrow and choose one of the following options. The AvaTax tax schedules control how the Origin and Destination addresses are used for tax calculation.
- The AVATAX schedule sets the Origin address to be either your company address or the warehouse address. If you select this option, the service determines whether the sourcing is from the Destination or the Origin Address.
- For the AVATAX-POD (Point of Destination) schedule, tax calculation is based on the Destination address.
- For the AVATAX-POS (Point of Sale) schedule, the tax calculation is based on the Origin address.
Assign multiple customers to AvaTax
You mass update customer or vendor area sales tax group codes in order to process sales tax calculations using AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Go to Avalara AvaTax > Utilities > Tax Group Code Mass Update.
- In the Customer/Vendor field, select the Customer from the drop-down menu.
- In the Sales Tax Group field, select the Tax Group from the drop-down menu.
- In the Range field, type the range.
- Click OK.