Set up Extractor for Google Shopping and authorize our connection to your Google Shopping account. This lets you automatically sync your Google Shopping transactions with Avalara so they're included on your returns.
If you have more than one company with Google Shopping, add each company to your profile and set up Extractor for Google Shopping for each additional company.
If you exit setup before selecting a company, on the Extractor for Google Shopping tile on the Manage tab, select Connect to Google Shopping to sync transactions to return to setup.
If you exit setup after selecting a company but before finishing setup, the Extractor for Google Shopping tile for the connection on the Manage tab displays a warning message. Select Connect on the tile to finish setup.
If you need to set up Extractor for Google Shopping for an additional company, under other Extractor for Google Shopping tiles on the Manage tab, select Add another connection to Extractor for Google Shopping.
Before you begin
- Create your initial company.
- If you're using a connector and don't want duplicate transactions in Avalara, turn off importing transactions from Google Shopping via the connector.
- In Avalara, go to Settings > Integrations.
- On the Add tab, select the tile for Extractor for Google Shopping.
- Select Confirm to authorize adding the extractor to your account, as well as to authorize any indicated charge for the extractor.
- On the Choose connection details screen, complete the following and then select Next.
If the company you chose does not have marketplace locations, select Connect and go straight to the last step.
- Select the company in Avalara to which you want to add Google Shopping transactions.
- Select the transaction date to use as the start date for synchronizing.
The start date should align with your current filing period requirements and not be earlier than what needs to be included on current returns. The extractor will sync all transactions from that date through the day you set up the extractor.
- If the company you chose is enrolled in an SST program, read the information that displays about handling calculation differences and then select I understand.
- On the Handling marketplace facilitation screen, make sure we have the right information about where Google Shopping collects and pays tax for you.
- If everything looks good, select Connect.
- If you need to change which states are selected, select Edit selections, make sure only the states for which Google Shopping collects and pays tax for you are selected, and then select Connect.
- Enter the requested information in the Google Shopping authorization windows that display and then select Allow.
Your Google Shopping transactions sync immediately. Depending on how many transactions need to sync, this initial sync can take a while.
If you see an alert Google hasn't verified this app in your authorization window, click Advanced and follow the link to proceed with your installation. You are getting this alert because the application is under verification process which will be completed soon.
After the initial sync, your transactions automatically sync daily. Use the data source ID to find transactions imported from the company.
To check imported transactions for variance (any difference between tax we calculated and what your marketplace calculated), use one of the available reports.