You set up AvaTax Update to calculate tax according to your business needs. Now download your connector - the software that connects your business systems* to AvaTax Update.
AvaTax connects with over 600 different business systems, so the implementation process may vary. If these instructions don't match your experience, tell us what software you use for specific instructions.
Get your connector
If you clicked Go and Get Your Connector after activating AvaTax Update, Avalara Account opens in a new tab. Go to that tab, and then...
- Click the arrow next to the name of your company's accounting software to download the connector you need.
- In the "Downloads" folder on your computer, right-click the .zip file and extract the installation folder or file (.exe or .pdf or .msi).
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for installing and configuring your connector. Each connector is unique, so tell us what software you use for specific instructions.
If you went straight to AvaTax Update after activating instead of clicking Go and Get Your Connector:
- Go to Settings > Manage Account.
- After Avalara Account opens in a new tab, go to Integrations > Extractors & Connectors.
- Follow the Get your connector instructions.
*AvaTax Update works by connecting to your ERP, POS, ecommerce, billing, CRM, and/or accounting system(s).