You can simultaneously create multiple tax codes for multiple tax types and map them to the required nexuses.
Before you begin
Make sure you have subscribed for a tax type from your AvaTax account that you want to use for multi-tax configuration. You can only create tax codes for the tax types that you have subscribed to in your AvaTax account.
- In NetSuite SuiteTax, go to Avalara > Setup> Configure Multi-Tax.
- Select a country from the Country list to view associated nexuses.
- Select the Tax Types values and select Next.
- Select a value in the Payables Account and Receivables Account list for each nexus you want to configure.
- Select Save.
After you save your changes on the Multi Tax Configuration page, the connector automatically performs the following tasks:
- Creates a new tax type record on the Setup > Tax > Tax Types page.
- Creates a new tax code record on the Setup> Tax > Tax Codes page.
- Assigns a tax code in the Other Taxes and Fees section of the selected nexuses.
The Connector for NetSuite SuiteTax doesn’t override a tax code manually selected by you in the Other Taxes and Fees section.