Avalara AvaTax for Stripe Invoicing is a web application; hence, and you do not need to download or install it. You can simply connect Stripe Invoicing to AvaTax. Before you can connect Stripe Invoicing to AvaTax, make sure that you have at least one company created at Avalara.
Sign in to Avalara AvaTax for Stripe Invoicing
- Go to AvaTax for Stripe, and click Connect with Stripe.
- Sign in with your Stripe account credentials, if you are not signed in already.
- On the Avalara AvaTax for Stripe sign-in page, click AvaTax Signin.
- On the Avalara Identity’s sign-in page, enter your Avatax credentials and then click Sign in.
Create a company at Avalara
To establish a connection between AvaTax and Stripe Invoicing, you need to have at least one company created in your AvaTax account. Create one if you have not created already.
- Sign in to Avalara and go to the Setup page. (This is the default page that appears after you sign in as a new user.)
- From the Select Company drop-down list, select Create New Company, and then click Link Company.
- Enter details to create the Company Profile; the entries marked with asterisk are mandatory.
Note: Company Name accepts a dot (.), but doesn’t accept a space. It should be distinctive; a duplicate company name throws an error and doesn’t let you create company.
Click Setup Profile to exit.
The company is created at Avalara and is listed under Your companies.
To see the new company:
- Sign in to Avalara.
- Click Settings > Manage companies. The newly created company appears at the top of the list.