Set Up Avalara AvaTax for Stripe Invoicing
Setting up AvaTax to automate tax calculations for your business involves four essential milestones, plus a fifth if you're setting up Returns. Each milestone links to detailed step-by-step instructions to help you successfully complete each one.
- Create a basic company profile.
If you haven't already, or if you want to add an additional company, start by telling us a little about your company and where you're registered to collect and pay tax.
- Get license key.
Get your transactions flowing to AvaTax for automated tax calculation. Skip this step if you aren't connecting a business application or system to AvaTax.
- Fine-tune Your Tax Profile in AvaTax.
Adjust product taxability and learn about options for exempting customers.
- Test your setup.
Create test transactions to double-check your setup.
- Set up Returns.
Complete this milestone only if you purchased Returns.
- If you're using Returns for Small Business, schedule your returns.
- If you're using any other version of Returns, import transactions if needed, schedule your returns, and send them to our compliance team for review.
For customers with AvaTax sandbox accounts: After you set up and test your account, contact your implementation specialist or the Avalara Customer Center for help copying your setup to your production account.
Connect and Configure Avalara AvaTax for Stripe Invoicing
Already using AvaTax? Make sure you've got the latest version of the connector.
Use Avalara AvaTax for Stripe Invoicing
Update company information and configure settings after you've integrated with AvaTax.
- You’re New to AvaTax but Your Company Isn’t
- You’re New to Returns but Your Company Isn’t
- Map the Items You Sell to Avalara tax codes
- Who You Exempt
- Reconcile and File Taxes
- Monthly Tasks to Maintain Sales Tax Compliance
- Select Avalara Tax Codes
- Tax Code Search Tool
- Keep Your Changing Business in Compliance
- Audit Your Exemption Records
- Import Tax Data into AvaTax