This article applies to:AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop
There may be times when you want AvaTax to use GPS coordinates instead of a ship-to address for tax calculation.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, go to File > AvaTax > Preferences.
- Select Tax Calculation.
- On the General tab, select Use Lat / Long Coordinates for Tax Calculation if Available.
- In the Customer Center or Vendor Center, open or create a customer record.
- Next to SHIP TO, select Lat/Long.
- In Address Line 1, enter LAT:X,LONG:Y and select +.
- Select OK.