AvaTax settings in Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Last updated
Save as PDF
AvaTax for Salesforce Sales Cloud works with the suggested default settings. But you can adjust them any time based on your company's business needs.
- In Salesforce Sales Cloud, select Setup, and then in the search field, type "installed packages."
- Select Installed Packages.
- Next to AvaTax for SF Sales Cloud select Configure.
||Field and Action
- Account Number and License Key: View your account number in AvaTax. Select Settings > All AvaTax settings. The account number is listed at the top of the page as your Account ID. If you don't know your license key, get a new one.
- Company Code: Enter the company code you entered when you activated your AvaTax account. Every accounting software that works with AvaTax uses a company code to identify itself to AvaTax.
- Environment: Select the type of account you're connecting to AvaTax.
||Enter the address used as your origination address when calculating sales tax
- Enable Address Validation: If you disable address validation, AvaTax Update uses the customer's ship-to address as entered to calculate the correct sales tax. Sales tax might be calculated incorrectly if this option is disabled.
- Optional: Save Transactions to AvaTax: If this is not enabled, transactions are not committed to AvaTax.
- Optional: Enable UPC Code as Item Code: Select to send a UPC instead of an item code to AvaTax. Using this feature may trigger additional fees. Talk to your Customer Account Manager (CAM) for more information.
- Enable Tax Calculation: If you choose to disable tax calculation, your accounting software no longer uses AvaTax to calculate tax on transactions.
- Optional: Allow Tax Override: Enable to allow AvaTax to override the tax amount.
- Shipping Code: Enter the tax code that AvaTax should use to calculate tax on shipping and handling fees.
- Enable AvaTax Exemptions: Enable to use the exemptions utility, which allows you to create exemptions records in Exemptions or CertCapture via Salesforce Sales Cloud if you use one of those products.
- Optional: Disable AvaTax Triggers: If you disable AvaTax triggers, orders you delete in Salesforce Sales Cloud are not voided in AvaTax.
- Optional: Disable AvaTax Process Builders: Enable to disable all AvaTax process builders at once rather than one at a time.
- Launch Mapper Studio: Select to launch the utility that lets you easily map Salesforce Sales Cloud fields to AvaTax fields.
- In Object Name for Subsidiary, enter the API name of the appropriate custom object you previously created and associated.
- Enter the corresponding value in Subsidiary Field Name on Account, and then select Display Mapping. Company codes associated with the subsidiary object display in the table below.
- Select the AvaTax company code to associate with each, and then select Save.
- After you finish selecting company codes, if you need to change the Ship From Address that displays for a subsidiary, which is used as the origin address for calculating tax:
- Select AvaTax Company Codes, and then select the company for which you want to change the address.
- Select Edit, change the address, and then select Save.