After you install the integration software, connect NetSuite to AvaTax.
Before you begin
- In NetSuite, go to Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara.
- Enter a secret key that's 16, 24, or 32 letters and numbers long and then select Submit. You won't need to remember it or enter it anywhere else, so you don't need to make it memorable.
- Enter your account credentials to connect NetSuite to AvaTax:
- Enter your AvaTax account number and license key.
- For the web service URL, select whether you want to connect to a production or a sandbox account.
- Select Validate.
- Select the AvaTax Company Code/Name:
- If you're using NetSuite, select the company in AvaTax that you want to connect to NetSuite.
- If you're using NetSuite OneWorld, associate each subsidiary company in NetSuite with a company in AvaTax.
- In NetSuite OneWorld, go to the Tax Calculation tab.
- In the Subsidiary List section, select the Default Company Code field for the company you want to associate.
- From the dropdown list, select the company in AvaTax that you want to connect to.
- Repeat these steps until you've associated all subsidiary companies to companies in AvaTax.
NetSuite is now connected to AvaTax and ready to send transactions for tax calculation. To further customize the way NetSuite interacts with AvaTax, see AvaTax settings for NetSuite.