Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for NetSuite.
Important update related to upgrading to a newer version of AvaTax for NetSuite connector
Always upgrade, configure, and test the new version in your sandbox environment first to ensure that your live business processes remain unaffected before you upgrade your production environment.
AvaTax for NetSuite (2021 releases)
May 28, 2021
- The Harmonized System Code (HSN CODE) is now displayed on line-level items for cross-border transactions.
- Fixed an issue that prevented tax from being calculated for some sales invoices that were created through bulk processing.
- Fixed an issue where the Entity Use Codes were not passed during tax calculation for transactions that were created via web services and imported into NetSuite.
March 28, 2021
- Fixed an issue that caused slowness while processing transactions when extensive logging was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused slowness while processing SCIS returns.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Item line shipping error: An unexpected error occurred in a script running on this page" error to display when line level shipping was enabled for a sales order.
March 19, 2021
- Fixed an issue in which Entity Use Codes were not applied correctly in SuiteCommerce and SuiteCommerce Advanced.
- Fixed an issue where the location address was not passed as the origin address during the tax call.
March 01, 2021
- AvaTax for NetSuite Basic is now compatible with NetSuite Basic 2021.1.
- The Reconciliation utility is updated to SuiteScript 2.0.
- The script for the AvaBundleInstallation for NetSuite is updated to SuiteScript 2.0.
- The script for the AvaReconcileTax Scheduled bundle for NetSuite is updated to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Fixed an issue that caused timeout after logging into the e-commerce store. This issue was due to some scripts that caused multiple calls to NetSuite resulting in timeout.
January 18, 2021
- Added support for displaying custom duty and import tax on the history suitelet.
- Added a line level field for custom duty rate.
- Added fields for estimated tax and import duty on the header.
- Added applicable warning messages to cross border transactions.
- Added cross border support.
- Updated the AVA_RecordLoadFromClient suitelet to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Updated the AVA_CommitTransaction_Sched scheduled script to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Updated the AVA_AddressValidate_Sched scheduled script to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Updated the AVA_RecalculateTaxes_Sched scheduled script to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Updated the AVA_AddressValidationBatch suitelet to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Ava_Service URL is undefined" error to display when creating vendor bills in a CertExpress for NetSuite sandbox.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Error message: currentrecord.setvalue;" error to display when using a a non-taxable NetSuite tax code.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "CurrentRecord.setValue: Missing a required argument: value" error to display for some users when using a NetSuite tax code.
- Fixed an issue that caused some invoices and credit memos to have tax rates that didn't match.
AvaTax for NetSuite (2020 releases)
November 23, 2020
- You can now update CertCapture customer records from NetSuite.
- Updated the Reconciliation batch to SuiteScript 2.0 and added pagination for more easily reading search results.
- Updated the Transaction, Committed, and Void transaction lists to SuiteScript 2.0 and to add pagination for more easily reading search results.
- Fixed an issue where some users had discounts that were duplicated when converting from a sales order to an invoice.
October 12, 2020
- You can now perform a tax date override
- Added new help text and notifications
August 31, 2020
- AvaTax is now compatible with NetSuite 20.2
- Added help text to the secret key field
- Fixed an issue that caused an inactive AvaTax account message to result in an "Unexpected end of JSON Input!" error
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented SCIS transactions from successfully posting to AvaTax
- Fixed an issue that caused some users attempting to connect to an AvaTax sandbox environment to receive a "JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data" error
- Fixed an issue that prevented cash sales through a point-of-sale terminal from posting to AvaTax
- Fixed an issue that caused some users to receive a "The_field_custpage_ava_coordinates_contained_more_than_the_maximum_number_(100000)_of_characters_allowed” error when editing or adding additional address locations in NetSuite
July 6, 2020
- Added support for SuiteScript 2.0 authentication via a secret key. After you upgrade to version 7.1 or later of this connector, if you haven't entered a secret key, you'll be prompted to enter one when you go to Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the "Invalid custbody_avalara_status reference key 3" error in SCIS when updating the bundle.
May 25, 2020
- The Tax Override field on transactions is now called Tax Amount Override.
- Utility scripts, such as the Recalculate Batches and Reconciliation utilities, are now built with SuiteScript 2.0.
- Fixed an issue that caused a "Cannot read property" error to display on cash sales in SCIS when Disable Location Code was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused tax not to be calculated when a gift card was applied during a refund in SCIS.
- Fixed an issue that caused tax not to be recalculated for returns in SCIS during a tax-free weekend.
April 6, 2020
- We updated scripts not involved in tax calculation (e.g. Address Validation) to SuiteScript 2.0
- Fixed an issue that caused fields to not properly display in columns when exporting an Address Validation batch
February 24, 2020
- You can now issue a tax-only refund from a cash sale
January 7, 2020
- Tax calculation is now triggered when a promotion code is added in SCIS
- Fixed an issue where clearing the Taxable option on a customer record resulted in an "AVA_AddressIdDelete is not defined" error.
- Fixed an issues where NetSuite Tran. No on the AvaTax Committed Transactions List was blank
- Fixed an issue that caused some credit memos to be stuck processing when the Zip and State field values were removed during a return and exchange in SCIS.
- Fixed an issue where tax was not being calculated when a shipping cost was added in SCIS
AvaTax for NetSuite (2019 releases)
October 25, 2019
- AvaTax for NetSuite now supports closed periods to prevent tax calls when the NetSuite period is closed
July 8, 2019
- Added a workflow script to commit transactions in AvaTax
- Added support for accepted/rejected workflows
- You can now submit a tax override on transactions
- AvaTax for NetSuite is now better optimized for use with SuiteCommerce In-Store
- Added support for additional tendering states in SCIS
- You no longer need to use a username and password when logging in
- You can now include more items in service item look up
- You can now choose to pass the value in the Customer External ID field as the customer code
- Fixed an issue that caused a "custpage_ava_entityusecodelist contained more than the maximum number characters allowed" error to occur when too many addresses were associated with an entity/use code
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect freight address to display
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Tax Included checkbox from working
February 27, 2019
- You can now assign customers created in SuiteCommerce In-Store to the AVATAX tax code by default.
Fixed an issue that stopped voided (canceled) requests in SuiteCommerce In-Store from being passed to AvaTax.