Read the release notes to learn about the latest additions, changes, and fixes to AvaTax for NetSuite.
AvaTax for NetSuite (2021 releases)
January 18, 2021
- Added support for displaying custom duty and import tax on the history suitelet.
- Added a line level field for custom duty rate.
- Added fields for estimated tax and import duty on the header.
- Added applicable warning messages to cross border transactions.
- Added cross border support.
- Updated the AVA_RecordLoadFromClient suitelet to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Updated the AVA_CommitTransaction_Sched scheduled script to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Updated the AVA_AddressValidate_Sched scheduled script to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Updated the AVA_RecalculateTaxes_Sched scheduled script to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Updated the AVA_AddressValidationBatch suitelet to SuiteScript 2.0.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "Ava_Service URL is undefined" error to display when creating vendor bills in a CertExpress for NetSuite sandbox.
- Fixed an issue that caused caused the "Error message: currentrecord.setvalue;" error to display when using a a non-taxable NetSuite tax code.
- Fixed an issue that caused the "CurrentRecord.setValue: Missing a required argument: value" error to display for some users when using a NetSuite tax code.
- Fixed an issue that caused some invoices and credit memos to have tax rates that didn't match.
AvaTax for NetSuite (2020 releases)
November 23, 2020
- You can now update CertCapture customer records from NetSuite.
- Updated the Reconciliation batch to SuiteScript 2.0 and added pagination for more easily reading search results.
- Updated the Transaction, Committed, and Void transaction lists to SuiteScript 2.0 and to add pagination for more easily reading search results.
- Fixed an issue where some users had discounts that were duplicated when converting from a sales order to an invoice.
October 12, 2020
- You can now perform a tax date override
- Added new help text and notifications
August 31, 2020
- AvaTax is now compatible with NetSuite 20.2
- Added help text to the secret key field
- Fixed an issue that caused an inactive AvaTax account message to result in an "Unexpected end of JSON Input!" error
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented SCIS transactions from successfully posting to AvaTax
- Fixed an issue that caused some users attempting to connect to an AvaTax sandbox environment to receive a "JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data" error
- Fixed an issue that prevented cash sales through a point-of-sale terminal from posting to AvaTax
- Fixed an issue that caused some users to receive a "The_field_custpage_ava_coordinates_contained_more_than_the_maximum_number_(100000)_of_characters_allowed” error when editing or adding additional address locations in NetSuite
July 6, 2020
- Added support for SuiteScript 2.0 authentication via a secret key. After you upgrade to version 7.1 or later of this connector, if you haven't entered a secret key, you'll be prompted to enter one when you go to Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the "Invalid custbody_avalara_status reference key 3" error in SCIS when updating the bundle.
May 25, 2020
- The Tax Override field on transactions is now called Tax Amount Override.
- Utility scripts, such as the Recalculate Batches and Reconciliation utilities, are now built with SuiteScript 2.0.
- Fixed an issue that caused a "Cannot read property" error to display on cash sales in SCIS when Disable Location Code was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused tax not to be calculated when a gift card was applied during a refund in SCIS.
- Fixed an issue that caused tax not to be recalculated for returns in SCIS during a tax-free weekend.
April 6, 2020
- We updated scripts not involved in tax calculation (e.g. Address Validation) to SuiteScript 2.0
- Fixed an issue that caused fields to not properly display in columns when exporting an Address Validation batch
February 24, 2020
- You can now issue a tax-only refund from a cash sale
January 7, 2020
- Tax calculation is now triggered when a promotion code is added in SCIS
- Fixed an issue where clearing the Taxable option on a customer record resulted in an "AVA_AddressIdDelete is not defined" error.
- Fixed an issues where NetSuite Tran. No on the AvaTax Committed Transactions List was blank
- Fixed an issue that caused some credit memos to be stuck processing when the Zip and State field values were removed during a return and exchange in SCIS.
- Fixed an issue where tax was not being calculated when a shipping cost was added in SCIS
AvaTax for NetSuite (2019 releases)
October 25, 2019
- AvaTax for NetSuite now supports closed periods to prevent tax calls when the NetSuite period is closed
July 8, 2019
- Added a workflow script to commit transactions in AvaTax
- Added support for accepted/rejected workflows
- You can now submit a tax override on transactions
- AvaTax for NetSuite is now better optimized for use with SuiteCommerce In-Store
- Added support for additional tendering states in SCIS
- You no longer need to use a username and password when logging in
- You can now include more items in service item look up
- You can now choose to pass the value in the Customer External ID field as the customer code
- Fixed an issue that caused a "custpage_ava_entityusecodelist contained more than the maximum number characters allowed" error to occur when too many addresses were associated with an entity/use code
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect freight address to display
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Tax Included checkbox from working
February 27, 2019
- You can now assign customers created in SuiteCommerce In-Store to the AVATAX tax code by default.
Fixed an issue that stopped voided (canceled) requests in SuiteCommerce In-Store from being passed to AvaTax.