AvaTax address validation is a feature that verifies, corrects, and formats addresses according to the USPS database. At this time, AvaTax only validates addresses in the United States and Canada. Validating addresses may incur additional usage fees.
To validate addresses, make sure address validation options are enabled when you configure AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Validate a batch of addresses
To validate many addresses at once:
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Utilities > Avalara AvaTax > Update, and then click Address Validation Batch Utility.
- In the Select Options dialog box, next to Content Type, select the type of address you want to run the utility on.
- Next to Customer ID from and Customer ID to, click the Search icon.
- In the Customers and Prospects dialog box, select the range of addresses you want to validate.
- In the Select Options dialog box, next to Country, select the country in which you'd like to validate addresses you selected. If you select No Country Name, AvaTax validates addresses for which no country has been assigned to the record.
- Next to State From and State To:
- To validate all addresses in the country you selected, don't select any states.
- To validate only addresses in certain states, select a range of states.
- To narrow your validation to a single state, set both fields to that state.
- Click Validate.
- In the report screen, select Valid/Validated Addresses, and then click Mark All.
- Click Accept.
- In the [Number] Address Validated and Accepted message, click OK.
- To see and update addresses that didn't validate, select Not Validated Addresses, and then click an address to open the record for editing.