This article applies to:AvaTax for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
Download and install Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. There are different ways to deploy AvaTax depending on your environment.
- Use model files when deploying Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations to a development environment. This is the preferred installation method and the one we outline in the steps that follow.
- Use a deployable package (manually or using Lifecycle Services) to install Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations for these environments:
- Multi-ISV solution environments
- Staging or production environments with the assumption that all UAT is done and there aren't any errors
- Multi-ISV solution environments.
We recommend testing AvaTax in a UAT or sandbox environment with your other ISV software before deploying to a production environment.
- In Avalara, go to Settings > Integrations.
- On the Manage tab, on the tile for Connector for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, select See Connector Versions and then select Download next to the latest version.
- Import the model file using the ModelUtil.exe utility.
- Run Command Prompt as an Administrator and navigate to the Bin folder in the Packages directory (typically C:\Packages\Bin or C:\AosService\PackagesLocalDirectory\Bin).
- Execute the following:
ModelUtil.exe -import -metadatastorepath=[path of the metadata store where model should be imported] -file=[full path of the file to import]
ModelUtil.exe -import -metadatastorepath="C:\AOSService\PackagesLocalDirectory" -file="C:\Temp\AVA Model-Avalara, Inc..axmodel
- Build the imported models in Visual Studio.
- Synchronize the database in Visual Studio.