Assign an AvaTax Update tax group code to vendors to ensure AvaTax Update is calculating tax on purchase orders. Use the Tax Group Code Mass Update utility to assign multiple vendors to a tax group code at once.
Update the tax group code for multiple vendors at once
- In Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, go to Avalara AvaTax > Utilities > Tax Group Code Mass Update.
- From the Customer/vendor list, select Vendor.
- From the Sales tax group list, select AVATAX.
- Click the Range field, and then click Select. The Inquiry page opens.
- On the Range tab, click the down arrow under Criteria, select the first vendor in the range, and then type 2 periods (..).
- Click the down arrow again, select the last vendor in the range, and then click OK.
- Click OK to run the utility.
When the utility finishes assigning your vendors to AvaTax Update, the "Vendor Tax Group Code Update Completed" message displays.